Who we are
Public Communications Inc. is:
- an independent, integrated communications firm
- founded in 1962 in Chicago
- a national firm with a strong local presence
- a “senior consultancy” model with hands-on service
- mid-sized with a team of 50 respected counselors, editors, writers and specialists in professional and consumer media relations, special events, training and media coaching, medical and technical writing and market research
- consistently ranked (by fee income) among the largest firms in the United States. We're currently ranked number 48 nationally and 4th in Chicago by O'Dwyer's 2013 Ranking of Independent PR Firms
- a founding partner of The Worldcom Public Relations Group, the world’s leading partnership of independently owned public relations firms, with 140 offices employing 1,900 staff in 111 markets across six continents. This partnership provides in-depth resources to PCI for virtually any assignment.
- recognized by our peers for the excellence of our creativity and program execution, having won numerous Silver and Bronze Anvil awards from the Public Relations Society of America; the International Association of Business Communicator's Gold Quill Award and awards of Excellence and Merit; the American Society for Health Care Marketing and Public Relations Touchstone award; the Publicity Club of Chicago's (PCC) Quality of Life Award two consecutive years; and numerous Golden and Silver Trumpet Awards from PCC.