It’s a cause for celebration when good things happen to those who do good things. Last night, 10 communication programs and campaigns for Public Communications Inc. (PCI) clients earned honors at this year’s Publicity Club of Chicago Golden Trumpet Awards ceremony. Even more impressive than the armload of Trumpet trophies is that each of these campaigns resulted in making positive contributions to the public good through education, job creation, family entertainment, conservation and patient safety and advocacy.
Our team members take great pride in helping our clients accomplish their communication goals and make a lasting difference. From advancing legislation to help children and families live healthier lives to implementing a digital marketing campaign focused on breaking barriers to HIV-testing for Mexican men, many of our client programs make a positive difference in the communities they serve. We’re excited to see them receive such high industry honors.
The six Golden Trumpets and four Silver Trumpets earned by PCI client programs are:
PCC Golden Trumpet Award winners:
- Marketing – Consumer: Bass Pro Shops: “Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid: From ‘Glorified Bait Shop’ to National Destination”
- Marketing – Not-for-profits: Museum of Science and Industry: “Robot Revolution”
- Media Relations – Not-for-profits: National Society of Genetic Counselors: “Genetic Counselors Educate National Media”
- Media Relations – Not-for-profits: Shedd Aquarium: “Public Hops to Shedd Aquarium for Amphibians”
- Online Content – Social Media Single PR Event or Promotion: Museum of Science and Industry: “BB-8 Explores MSI”
- Special Events and Observances: Museums In the Park: “Chicago’s Inaugural Museum Week”
PCC Silver Trumpet Award winners:
- Crisis Public Relations: Chicago Zoological Society/Brookfield Zoo: “Facebook Post Threatens Zoo Reputation”
- Media Relations – Consumer: LEGOLAND: “Pirate Adventure Island Sets Sail at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago”
- Multicultural – Hispanic: AIDS Foundation of Chicago: “HIV Testing, Care Outreach Goes Digital: Connecting Mexican Men in Chicago With Care Professionals”
- Social Media – Single PR Event or Promotion: Illinois Alliance to Prevent Obesity: “Reaching Advocates Through Social Media: Generating Support for the Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Act”
Would you like to learn more about how PCI’s award-winning team of counselors can help tell your story?
Jill Allread, APR is PCI’s Chief Executive Officer and has been an owner of the agency for more than 20 years.