Public Communications Inc. (PCI) is a national communications agency with a purpose – to make a positive difference for our clients and community.
More than 50 years after our founding, we remain proudly independent and focused on providing results-oriented, measurable communications services. Our passionate 50-member team includes senior counselors, media relations pros, digital strategists, writers and planners.
We are based in Chicago and extend our reach globally to help clients meet their goals through creativity and collaboration.
We currently seek an executive assistant to provide personal administrative support and assistance to C-level executive staff.
This position requires a highly proactive and resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently, with little direction. The ability to be tactful and possess highly proficient verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with a variety of people and personalities. Initiative, leadership skills and the ability to follow through are essential.
- Proactively manage multiple executive calendars and take action to resolve conflicts
- Develop meeting agendas
- Organize and schedule travel arrangements
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Prioritize mail and phone calls
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- Provide expertise to staff on document and presentation creation
- Process expense reports on behalf of executive staff
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Back up receptionist
- Coordinate ad-hoc projects as they arise including working closely with the Chief Operations Officer
- Perform personal administrative work such as dinner reservations, errands, arranging gifts, etc.
- Maintain current list of all key contacts
- Interact with external clients
- Safeguard confidential information
- Work hours may flex early/late to accommodate C-suite needs and schedule
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years prior experience as an executive assistant working with C-level executives
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- High energy, proficient in multitasking and remaining calm in high-pressure situations
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Proactive self-starter who demonstrates initiative
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Trustworthy and honest
- Ability to operate with complete confidentiality, showing maturity and discretion
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and consistently meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly
Bonus Round (preferable but not required)
- Experience in public relations or communications firms
- Experience with Google Drive and Google Apps
PCI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, ancestry, handicap, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance