Public Communications Inc. (PCI) team members are always excited to celebrate our clients’ successes and the positive impact they make on quality of life. From sounding the alarm and driving policy makers to take action on an exorbitant drug price hike affecting patient care to planning and executing a national media tour to educate the public on genetic testing, the programs created real change and promoted meaningful discussion.
Last evening 11 of these communication programs and campaigns for PCI clients received honors at the 2016 Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Chicago Skyline Awards gala. Our team takes great pride in our work and in working with a purpose. And, of course, we love to deliver to our clients excellent results as well as distinguished awards.
PRSA Skyline Award winners that are PCI clients:
- Events and Observances – More than Seven Days – Nonprofits: Museum of Science and Industry: “Robot Revolution”
- Events and Observances – Seven or Fewer Days – Nonprofits: Museums In the Park: “Chicago’s Inaugural Museum Week”
- Crisis Communications – Associations/Nonprofit Organizations: Infectious Diseases Society of America and HIV Medicine Association: “Fighting for Their Patients: ID Specialists combat a 5,000 Percent Drug Price Hike”
- Marketing Consumer Services – Travel and Tourism/Hospitality: Bass Pro Shops: “Bass Pro Shops at the Pyramid: From ‘Glorified Bait Shop’ to National Destination”
- Media Relations: Consumer Products – Other: LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago: “Pirate Adventure Island Sets Sail at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago”
- Media Relations – Nonprofit Organizations: Shedd Aquarium: “Public Hops to Shedd Aquarium for Amphibians”
- Multicultural Public Relations – Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: AIDS Foundation of Chicago: “HIV Testing, Care Outreach Goes Digital: Connecting Mexican Men in Chicago With Care Professionals”
PRSA Award of Excellence winners that are PCI clients:
- External Video Programs: American Association of Diabetes Educators: “What is a Diabetes Educator?”
- Media Relations – Associations: National Society of Genetic Counselors: “Genetic Counselors Share Their Message with Media in the Big Apple”
- Social Media – Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: Illinois Alliance to Prevent Obesity: “Reaching Advocates Through Social Media: Generating Support for the Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Act”
- Social Media – Associations/Government/Nonprofit Organizations: Museum of Science and Industry: “BB-8 Explores MSI”
Want to read more about our award-winning programs? Check out the honors we received during this year’s Publicity Club of Chicago Golden Trumpet Awards ceremony.
Jill Allread, APR is PCI’s Chief Executive Officer and has been an owner of the agency for more than 20 years.