We’re looking for a Digital Analytics Specialist who is excited to take on responsibility for leading measurement and insights of our clients’ performance across the paid, owned, earned and shared landscape. This includes ongoing reporting and strategic support of both paid and organic programs across various channels including social media, email, SEM, display, video and website.
This position works closely with and reports to the Director of Digital Strategy while collaborating and liaising with account teams to support the overall success of client programs.
Measurement & Optimization
- Use brand monitoring, social analytics, web analytics and traditional marketing tools and collaborate with account teams to compile accurate, compelling reports of program, campaign and content performance and results across paid, owned, earned, and shared channels.
- Make sense of and evaluate available data to assess the performance of channels, messages and campaigns.
- Work with account staff to implement testing plans that lead to better digital/social campaigns and executions, including benchmarks, A/B testing methods, and distribution of content across digital/social media channels.
- Make insightful, actionable recommendations on how to improve content and campaigns.
- Develop effective relationships and provide detailed support to Vice Presidents and account teams.
- Participate in creative and strategic ideation across accounts.
- Coordinate with account teams on research, consultation and implementation of paid promotion campaigns.
- Lead PCI’s point-of-view and critical thought of measurement in social media and all digital channels. Address internal and external questions about measurement of social media (paid and organic).
- Develop agency best practices for data reporting and analysis.
- Create a reporting method and structure that can be duplicated across clients and that represents PCI’s standards.
- Train staff on analytics tools and techniques to spread knowledge across agency.
- Serve as point-person to lead the discussion on tools the agency should use to enhance reporting and research capabilities, including all data and analytics initiatives to improve.
- Serve as the staff expert on search engine optimization (SEO) efforts.
- Ability to manage expectations and simultaneous tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; experience in presenting to internal and external stakeholders, explaining complex data in a simple way.
- Intricate knowledge of digital landscape, including major social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest and more.
- Experience with public relations and social media management tools, such as TrendKite, Adobe Social, Sprout Social, etc.
- Expertise with tools to analyze digital and social data: Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and more. You will be expected to draw on your analytics experience to recommend new platforms and introduce our staff to the tools of your trade.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of UX/UI fundamentals and a familiarity with principles of good design.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in communications, marketing, general business, mathematics or related fields.
- 4+ years experience, preferably in a PR, marketing, advertising or digital agency. At least 2+ years specifically in a social media analytics or digital analytics role.
you know you're a perfect fit if you...
- Bring passion and purpose to your work.
- Want to support clients whose missions matter to you.
- Like to find the “why” and stories within data and numbers.
- Enjoy solving problems, identifying opportunities, and finding evidence-based solutions.
- Believe hard work, professionalism, and follow through are keys to success.
- Relish the opportunity to jump right in and make the job your own. You will be the first person to hold this position at PCI and will have some freedom to shape its role within the agency.
Who we are
Public Communications Inc. (PCI) is a national communications agency with a purpose – to make a positive difference for our clients and community.
More than 50 years after our founding, we remain proudly independent and focused on providing results-oriented, measurable communications services. Our passionate 50-member team includes senior counselors, media relations pros, digital strategists, writers and planners.
We are based in Chicago and extend our reach globally to help clients meet their goals through creativity and collaboration. Some of our clients include the Museum of Science and Industry (Chicago), Brookfield Zoo, Georgia Aquarium, Fresenius Medical Care, Columbia College, the AIDS Foundation of Chicago, Women Employed and the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your résumé.
PCI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, ancestry, handicap, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.