Public Communications Inc., a national communications and marketing agency, is looking for a design specialist to make a substantial impact for our growing independent, mid-size agency. As our agency is growing, we have many new business proposals that require a fresh creative approach.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in delivering new business proposals. Additionally, the candidate will contribute to other aspects of design at PCI – from creating graphics and other visual online content to perfecting presentations and designing logos, brochures and maintaining the visual identity of our brand.
Your job is to help us excel by delivering clean, creative and visually compelling proposals and designs that clearly communicate agency and client messages and exceed expectations. You will be part of a growing creative department.
- 1-3 years of design experience and a bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design or a related field
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong sense of graphic design, visual storytelling and typography
- A self-starter with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently, meeting team and client deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team environment
- Able to offer creative solutions and help direct the visual design of a product while keeping the client’s needs in mind
- A passion for brand standards and comfort working within them to create quality content that shines
- Smart, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile for your clients and team
- A sharp eye for design and stellar attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite:
- Adobe Creative Suite:
- Acrobat Pro
- PC computer environment
- Microsoft Office Suite:
Bonus Round (preferred but not required)
Web design skills
- Experience with website content management systems (WordPress, SquareSpace, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in nonprofit communications or event planning
- Experience working with cultural institutions (museums, zoos, aquariums) and/or in the healthcare industry (companies, providers, associations or advocacy organizations)
- Experience developing content for social media channels or websites on behalf of organizations
- Public relations agency experience
- Experience with additional Adobe Creative Suite programs:
- Photography/videography skills
- Experience with emergent media technologies
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, your resume and a link to your portfolio.
PCI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, ancestry, handicap, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.