Public Communications Inc. (PCI) is a national communications agency with a purpose – to make a positive difference for our clients and community.
More than 50 years after our founding, we remain proudly independent and focused on providing results-oriented, measurable communications services. Our passionate 50-member team includes senior counselors, media relations pros, digital strategists, writers and planners.
We are based in Chicago and extend our reach globally to help clients meet their goals through creativity and collaboration.
We currently seek an account supervisor who wants to make a substantial contribution to our agency.
You know you're a perfect fit if you:
- Bring passion and purpose to your work.
- Want to support clients whose missions matter to you.
- Enjoy solving problems, identifying opportunities, and finding evidence-based solutions.
- Believe hard work, professionalism, and follow-through are keys to success.
- Play a critical role in the agency by serving as a direct client contact, developing and implementing key programs and initiatives for high-profile clients, supervising account staff and contributing to new business proposals and presentations.
- Lead communications programs for clients in healthcare, nonprofit, education, conservation and other fields, helping them navigate a constantly shifting landscape to advance their marketing, communications and public affairs initiatives.
- Earn the respect of our clients by delivering smart, creative and pragmatic solutions while collaborating with our team of senior counselors and leading a team of media strategists to drive successful results.
- 5-7 years of professional communications experience, preferably in an agency setting
- You’re a strategic thinker and doer, seeing the big picture while making sure the details are well executed
- You understand how to tell the stories of clients in the healthcare field to reach patients, providers, payers and other key audiences
- You’re proactive in determining what the team and/or your client needs, and taking the right steps to make sure it gets done
- You understand social media and digital communications, including how to integrate these tactics for campaigns
- You are constantly thinking of new approaches and creative ways to share client stories, staying on top of the latest industry trends
- You can write "client-ready" plans, materials and client memos with minimal editing
- You’re a team player and collaborator – you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and know when to gut-check your ideas with team members
- You’re smart, hard-working and willing to go the extra mile for your clients and team
Bonus Round (preferable but not required)
- You have experience in healthcare and nonprofit communications
- You have experience managing social media channels or creating online content on behalf of organizations
- You have a bachelor’s degree with coursework in communications, public relations or journalism
- You possess technical skills such as web design, video editing and graphic design
To be considered for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, ancestry, handicap, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance.